In 2016, the inaugural OSSFEST took place to celebrate all that is Toronto’s Ossington Avenue featuring various business-hosted events including celebrations, workshops, showcases, shopping, and dining on Ossington. As two keystone events within OSSFEST, we held the Ossington Criterium that brought bicycle racing back to Toronto’s city streets, as well as a live music concert.
On July 22 2017, the Ossington BIA will hold the second annual OSSFEST, again to feature the Ossington Criterium.
The Ossington BIA are seeking an individual or company available to start immediately. The successful candidate will be responsible for seamlessly planning and coordinating OSSCRIT 2017 that features a kids’ race, two PRO/AM men’s and women’s races, and a fixed gear race.
The roles include some or all of, and are not limited to, the following:
- Organizing, hosting and coordinating all sanctioned bike race, including all planning, day-of logistics and tear down of the event. Organizing, hosting and coordinating all aspects a profession
- Responsible for coordination with City of Toronto as well as fire, EMT and police, TTC, and handling of all logistics required to close down the street
- Engaging and obtaining sponsorship/advertising revenue including creating sponsorship package and all communications with sponsors.
- Managing the team of volunteers to facilitate all other aspects of OSSCRITWeekly reporting to BIA events committee on progress.
- Create and Manage budget and all bookkeeping/expenses related to OSSCRIT.
- Coordinate and management of all OSSCRIT related media for sponsor/advertiser logos, ensuring proper resolution/ quality, placement and necessary conversions for web/social media initiatives
- Social media posts and marketing components require content creation skills. All media that is created must be approved by the events committee.
- Graphic design co-ordination for web and print advertising (ie. posters, flyers, banners, etc.)
- Experience organizing successful bike races and familiarity with most aspects of professional biking in Ontario, is a must.
- Compensation: Estimate to be submitted with tender.
- Deadline: Submission due by March 24, 2017. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Ossington BIA
In 2014 the Ossington BIA was created by the diverse and dynamic business community on Ossington Avenue between Queen and Dundas. The objective of the BIA is to harness and focus the vibrant energy in our street and reflect it to the rest of the neighbourhood, city and beyond.