On Monday Garmin announced their new Edge Explore 2 and Edge Explore 2 Power Mount Bundle. The easy-to-use GPS cycling navigators aim to help you on your next cycling trip. There’s ample battery life–up to 16 hours–and when it’s in battery saver mode, it increases to 24 hours.
The Edge Explore 2 comes preloaded with Garmin cycle maps so you can view all the popular roads and trails, high-traffic areas and searchable points of interest. The touchscreen is just three inches and easy to read in all riding conditions.
An additional feature with the new Edge Power Mount, included with the Edge Explore 2 Power, is that e-Bike riders can actually power their Edge.
“Whether you’re a casual bike rider, eBike rider or anything in between, the Edge Explore 2 series is ready for wherever the journey takes you,” Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales, said. “Simple to set up and ready to use right out of the box, these GPS cycling navigators boast high contrast maps and new e-Bike features, making them the perfect companion for your next escape.”
For e-Bike riders, when they use their compatible e-Bike and Edge Explore 2 they will see a dedicated e-Bike status screen showing battery life and also receive navigation guidance and alerts based on battery status, assist level and the preplanned course.
– Preloaded ride profiles, including road, off-road and indoor are ready to use right out of the box
– Create courses through the Garmin Connect smart device app, Strava, Komoot and more and quickly sync them to the Edge.
– Turn-by-turn navigation and alerts notify riders of upcoming turns.
– Pause route guidance and off-course notifications to explore beyond the beaten path. Route guidance can be turned back on at any time to get back to the original route or starting point.
– The ClimbPro feature lets riders see the remaining ascent and grade for each climb when following a course and review their performance on the climbs post-ride right from the bike computer or in Garmin Connect.