Based in Toronto, Gripped Publishing is hiring a full or part-time video content producer
Gripped Publishing Inc., an outdoor and endurance sports publication focused on cycling, triathlon, running and climbing. Our four magazines are the leading voices of their respective sports in Canada.
In addition to being bestselling print publications, each title has a strong web presence and large social media following. Our editorial staff produces fresh daily content online for a diverse audience.
Gripped Publishing is hiring a full or part-time video shooter with editing skills who will work with all four publications to create regular web content. The role would be ideal for a recent film/video production graduate with some experience. The job is in Toronto at our office.
The applicant must have an understanding of the subject matter of our publications. We are looking for a creative individual who understands how to construct a narrative for longer pieces, but can also quickly shoot, edit and upload short videos. Being a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail are essential. Gripped Publishing is seeking a talented collaborator with a passion for story.
Initiating and developing story ideas with in-house editorial departments, scripting stories, location scouting, arranging shoots, filming, editing and post-production for the web in a timely manner.
– Experience directing, shooting and editing video for the web
– An undergraduate degree (or professional diploma) in video production
– A strong command of audio and video equipment and lighting (DSLR, 4K video, audio recording and mixing)
– A deep knowledge of either Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro
– An understanding of colour correction and grading
– Experience in post-production for the web (compression and exporting of files, etc.)
– Comfort with other audio and visual tools (shooting stills, recording and standalone audio, using Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
– A nuanced understanding of social media and video for the web
– A valid driver’s license is an asset
Email Sam Cohen with your resumé and cover letter at email@example.com.