1. Wash your hands. Soap, water and hand sanitizers are your best friends in this department.
2. Group indoor rides are a fun way to pass the winter months, but hygiene is even more important when you’re dealing with a group of cyclists breathing heavily and sweating buckets indoors.
3. Get out of those sweaty, wet cycling clothes as soon as possible after a workout or race without getting arrested for indecent exposure. Get warm and get dry.
4. Keep your bottles clean, especially the ones you use with sports drinks. Do not share water bottles with family, friends or teammates.
5. Keep yourself properly hydrated after a winter ski or ride by drinking lots. Have a thermos ready with something hot for cool days.